The vision of the group is to be a world-class, low-cost and highly efficient organisation, operating on the African continent, adding value to its core products of fibre, sugar and molasses. We seek to enhance shareholder wealth and optimise growth, achieving a sustainable, balanced and integrated economic, social and environmental performance, whilst taking cognisance of the interests of our stakeholders.
- be the leading sugar and downstream products operation in Africa, an increasing global supplier and a world-class organisation.
- be the lowest-cost producer in every country in which it operates and among the lowest-cost producers in the world.
- optimise the return on every stick of cane by adding value to its core commodity products – fibre, sugar and molasses. It will focus on its core business and develop material niche operations which add value.
- be the market leader, meeting and proactively anticipating customer needs.
- increase profits in real terms on a sustainable basis and maximise the return on capital employed through cost leadership, the use of innovative technology and the participation of all of its employees.
- be a moral, performance-focused organisation that people are proud to work for, where they are challenged to ‘go the extra mile’, feel they can make a difference and know that good performance is recognised.
- be welcomed in the communities in which it operates because of what it does, how well it does it and be accepted as a progressive company by all communities; aligning strategies to meet changing circumstances in the various countries in which the group operates.
- be cognisant of the rural locations of the group’s operations and the impact that it has on job creation and poverty alleviation in such areas.