Goals and Objectives
- To enhance the wealth of shareholders by optimising the long-term returns and growth of the business.
- To be a world-class organisation and amongst the most efficient and lowest-cost producers in the world.
- To achieve a sustainable, balanced and integrated economic, social and environmental performance.
To provide all employees with a working environment that is safe and without risk to their health.
- To profitably expand the group’s sugar and cane production.
To consolidate and improve the profitability of downstream products and further develop new applications where appropriate.
- To maximise usage of bagasse and biomass to generate electricity for own operations and to supply power into national grids.
- To seek new opportunities for sugar and downstream products nationally and internationally
- To achieve a competitive rate of return on shareholders’ funds and increase profits on an ongoing basis in real terms.
- To maintain a distribution/dividend cover of at least two times.
- To manage investments in fixed assets and working capital so as to achieve the most efficient usage of funds employed, with the objective of not exceeding gearing of 40% over the long term and achieving an interest cover of not less than five times.
- To be proactive in identifying the needs of customers.
- To consistently deliver quality products and services to customers.
- To undertake research and development to improve returns, and develop new products and applications, from its core commodity products using every stick of cane.
- To promote the ongoing development of all employees in order that they reach their maximum level of competence and participate fully in achieving the group’s primary objective.
- To offer equal opportunity to all employees.
- To ensure that the company is managed in an efficient, accountable, responsible, transparent and moral manner.
- To be socially responsible, and maintain and develop appropriate ethical, environmental and risk management standards as an integral part of the business.
- To take cognisance of all stakeholders’ interests in the group’s business.